Registry operator Rightside recently acquired the .GAMES new gTLD. Scheduled to launch this summer, .GAMES will offer gamers, publishers, game developers, and retailers the opportunity to distinguish themselves with short, relevant, and memorable web addresses. For example, a .GAMES domain name, such as Twitch.games, Zynga.games or yourname.games, enables a brand or individual to lock in a modern domain name and proudly claim their game identity online.
"The software games industry alone is forecasted to grow from $90 billion a year in 2016 to $115 billion a year by 2020 and that doesn't even include the hardware and hobby game market," said Rightside CEO Taryn Naidu. "Our acquisition of .GAMES is an exciting opportunity for game brands of all sizes, as well as individuals to buy an easy-to-remember online .GAMES destination, and use it as a helpful online searching, positioning and branding tool."
.GAMES is appealing to the following audiences:
- Video Game Industry: Developers, Publishers, Retailers, Distributors, Platform/Apps
- Online / Video Gamers and Influentials: Gamers, Game Reviews / News Sites, Blogs / Bloggers
- Sports, Recreation and Gaming Events: Olympics, Extreme Sports, Professional Sports Leagues and Teams, Youth Sports, Casino Gaming
- Traditional / Classic Games: Mainstream, Hobby, Retail Game Shops, Gaming Lounges
- Sunrise: July 12 - September 10, 2016
- Early Access Program: September 14-21, 2016
- General Availability: September 21, 2016
Be sure to place your Expressions of Interest (EOIs) now for this highly sought-after new gTLD.