The .CAM new gTLD entered General Availability in December 2016. The TLD is intended to benefit internet users by providing a designated namespace for people, organizations and businesses to provide websites and services related to cameras, photography, broadcasting, film-making and livestreaming.
Below are several examples of sites leveraging a .CAM domain:
- Light.cam: an early adopter of .CAM, The Light L16 Camera combines advanced optics with powerful software, making beautiful photography more accessible than ever before.
- My.cam : a social oriented project and an aggregator of social networks, also allowing mobile users to stream their live webcam on their my.cam profile page
- Mariage.cam: a French online site targeted at couples planning their weddings
- Lps-gmbh.cam: a German optical inspection systems manufacturer
- Davos.cam : a live webcam displyaying conditions at the popular ski resort of Davos Klosters in Switzerland
The team at HEXONET had some fun brainstorming some domains that could use a .CAM domain:
Graduation.cam: A graduation or commencement ceremony is a significant milestone for students. How about livestreaming the event for those relatives and friends that live abroad and cannot attend the event.
Shibuya.cam: Remember the movie Lost in Translation? There is a scene of the iconic Shibuya Crossing in Tokyo, the world's largest pedestrian crossing. The Tokyo summer olympics are just around the corner and Japan is already welcoming record numbers of inbound tourists. What a great way to showcase the hustle and bustle of that vibrant city.
Northernlights.cam: Aurora Borealis is a natural light display caused by the collision of energetic charged particles with atoms in high altitude atmospheres. This would be an ideal way for people to experience the beauty of this scientific phenomenon. A local tourism bureau in the Yukon or even Iceland could market such a domain!
Border.cam: A great way to check out potential border lineups before venturing to another country
Cockpit.cam: F1 or Nascar drivers could certainly have some fun with this domain enabling their fans to virtually experience the thrill of driving a race car
Now is a great time to choose your own .CAM domain for photography, social networks, sports, events, gaming, and even travels. We are running a fantastic promotion!
» Promo Starts: April 1, 2017 at 10:00 UTC
» Promo Ends: September 30, 2017 at 10:00 UTC
» Promotional Price: 5.94* (net price: 4.99) USD per Domain/Year
» Promotion only applies to new 1-year registrations
» Multiyear registrations are possible, however promotional pricing only applies to the first year
» Transfers and renewals are NOT eligible at promotional price
» Premium Domains are NOT eligible at promo price