.ASIA IDN Pre-Registrations
HEXONET Now Accepting Pre-registrations for IDN.ASIA Domains
The DotASIA, registry for .ASIA domains, has finalized its launch for .ASIA IDNs (internationalized Domain names). These IDNs have long been anticipated and will be available at launch in CHINESE (simplified and traditional), JAPANESE and KOREAN. The procedures will follow their highly successful campaign ASCII .ASIA startup process. Click here for more info.
Why Should One Consider an IDN.ASIA Domain?
- Reaching a Wider Audience:
- Asia is witnessing explosive adoption and usage of the Internet. Total internet users are expected to top an amazing 2 billion by 2013! Multilingual web addresses are essential for the DotAsia community. According to Edmon Chung, CEO of the DotAsia Organisation, "the launch of IDN builds on the growing foundation of usage of .Asia domain names to support global brands, as well as, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) around the world to enter the Asian Internet marketplace with a search and user friendly online identity ... navigating the Internet in one’s native language will be the natural method of choice for the hundreds of millions of users coming online from China and around Asia who are not fluent in English. From search engine keywords, we can already see that most Asians search in their own native language. IDN domains will play an amplifying role in supporting increased search volume and improved search engine ranking results."
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Benefits:
- Since the word ‘Asia’, itself, is already a highly searched and natural type-in keyword, an IDN married to the ‘.Asia’ web extension will further improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization) organically.
What Major Brands are Using .ASIA Domains?
- ING Group: www.ing.asia
- Giorgio Armani: www.armani.asia
- Honda: www.honda.asia
- Panasonic: www.panasonic.asia
Investing in IDNs
Aaron Krawitz, author of IDNBlog.com, has written an excellent article on the value of investing in IDNs. Click here to view.
Globally, IDNs are garnering much more attention. The recent launch of Russia's .РФ ccTLD (which stands for “.RF” as an abbreviation for Russian Federation) is a case in point. There are now over 700,000 .РФ domains registered. McDonald’s has already built a localized site on макдональдс.рф, which is Russian for McDonald’s. It is likely that they will create similar sites for their key markets within Asia.
We at HEXONET believe there will be an enormous demand for domain names in Internet users' native languages. So keep an eye on dotASIA. Also be sure to pre-register your IDN.ASIA today and don't miss out!