CIRA Releases its 2013 .CA Factbook
CIRA, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority, has just published its 2013 .CA Factbook, a compendium of facts and research about the global domain industry, as well as, where .CA domains rank in relation. This online report is a 'social document' with many tweetable factoids and excellent charts and graphs. To view the report in its entirety please click the link. Some of the key highlights of this report are highlighted below:
- CIRA reached a huge milestone in November 2012 when it exceeded 2 million .CA registrations!
- .CA is the fourth fastest growing ccTLD in the world
- More and more Canadians are choosing .CA, which has increased its market share 21% to 30% over the past 5 years (vs. .COM)
- Per viewer, Canada leads the world in viewing online video (45 hours per month, almost double the global average!)
- Canada's Internet economy accounted for 3% of Canada's gross domestic product (GDP) in 2012, totalling $49 billion
HEXONET would like to thank the entire team at CIRA for their continued dedication to fostering the development of .CA. The .CA Factbook verifies HEXONET's own data on the growth of .CA and ccTLDs in general. The message to our resellers is loud and clear. Now is the time to add ccTLDs to your services, if you have not already done so. Please contact your HEXONET account manager to learn more.