Dot Chinese Online & Dot Chinese Website are global #4 and #9 on first day of General Availability!
TLD Registry Ltd, registry operators of the new Chinese IDN TLDs Dot Chinese Online (.在线) and Dot Chinese Website (.中文网), marked a huge milestone this week. Their TLDs entered the so-called general availability phase and have reported some impressive registration numbers. Within 50 minutes of General Availability, Dot Chinese Online rocketed to the global number 4 position for New gTLDs, and Dot Chinese Website shot to global number 9 for New gTLDs. This ranking is calculated by the number of Domains Under Management (DUMs).
These rankings are very significant as prior to the General Availability launch of these TLDs, no other non-ASCII TLD (known in the domain industry as an “IDN”, or Internationalized Domain Name) was in the global top-50. Please refer to this link for a more in-depth overview of the rankings: http://internetregistry.info/dot-chinese-online-dot-chinese-website-are-global-number-1-and-number-4-on-first-day-of-general-availability/
HEXONET is directly accredited with TLD Registry Ltd. You can now register these TLDs in general availability within the control panel or via our API. Here are some compelling reasons to consider offering these TLDs to your customers:
1) Establishing a website or service with a fully Chinese domain name shows commitment to Chinese audiences — consumers, customers, partners, the media, and government regulators. It tangibly demonstrates your desire to offer a completely Chinese information service.
2) No English whatsoever stands between your brand and the consumer.
3) Your fully-Chinese web address eliminates the cognitive dissonance between your URL and your localized Chinese brand name.
4) Your URLs will be much, much more memorable.
5) You will enjoy enhanced brand protection for your localized Chinese brand names.
6) Your site’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is enhanced, because your URLs will perfectly match your localized Chinese brand names and messages.
7) Fully-Chinese URLs greatly help consumer protections against phishing attacks. Chinese netizens (and China’s government) favor fully-Chinese web addresses because Chinese netizens are more easily able to spot phishing URLs when they’re in Chinese.
8) Fully-Chinese URLs accelerate the uptake of the Chinese web for new netizens, with particularly good ease of use for rural people and cashed-up “silver surfers” (senior citizens).
9) Entering fully-Chinese web addresses on smartphones, tablets and Windows 8 PCs (using ubiquitous Chinese handwriting recognition) is much easier and faster than typing English web addresses.
10) Powerful new promotional opportunities are created with the launch of your fully-Chinese domain names. Publicity opportunities abound for new site launches or re-launches.
11) Meaningful sentences can be composed in the very compact and concise Chinese language, creating rich URLs which marketers will discover new uses for.
(source: TLD Registry Ltd.)
Be sure to check out the latest episode of DomainSherpa where Dot Chinese Online (.在线) and Dot Chinese Website (.中文网) are discussed in depth among leaders from the domain name industry. http://www.domainsherpa.com/discussion-20140501/
We are including a brief synopsis below for our Chinese resellers.
全球国际域名新闻媒体也对“.在线”和“中文网”的火热上线寄予了大力地报道。其中Domain Incite和Domain Name Wire皆认为“.在线”和“中文网”是市场上最成功的新顶级域。目前所有获ICANN批准的国际顶级域中，只有“.在线”和“中文网”排名进入全球所有域名后缀的前五十。