Get With The Program: New TLD Backorders Added!
So you want to get a domain name that is already taken - what to do? Backorder with HEXONET!
HEXONET offers backorder services for a multitude of domain extensions and we just added 20 new TLDs (top level domains) to our list!
Newest Top Backorder TLD Additions:
- .VIP - they say a first impression speaks a thousand words. Strengthen the prestige of your brand with a .VIP domain.
- .BLOG - calling all bloggers! For all the ways you share, .BLOG allows you to get the domain you want, with an eye-catching, unique URL.
- .LONDON - show pride to your city with a .LONDON domain. As a local business, .LONDON helps you be more relevant to your audience.
- .NYC - New Yorkers, this is the domain for you. The city is a part of you, now you can make it your website!
View the full list of Backorder TLDs available at HEXONET.
What the Heck is a Backorder?
If you're not sure what a backorder is, all good - read one as we break it down:
Simply put, backorder services allow you to place an order on an already registered domain. HEXONET's high performance domain backordering services intelligently monitors expiring domains on your behalf. In a split second after a domain name becomes available, HEXONET attempts to secure and register the domain for you. When compared to other backordering systems in the market for speed, reliability, and success rate, HEXONET is at the top of the pack!
To help you better understand the backorder process, let's do a quick run through of the domain lifecycle:
- Available: at this time, the domain is available for registration and is not in use by anyone else. You are able to freely purchase the domain and use for your brand or business.
- Active: the registrant (or in other words, owner of the domain), can register the domain for 1-10 years at a time. During this time, the domain stays put with the registrant and cannot be purchased by another interested party.
- Renewal: once the registration is up, the registrant may choose whether or not they want to renew their domain. If the domain is not renewed, it goes to the next step.
- Expired: this step lasts 0-45 days. If the registrant chooses not to renew their domain, the registrar (i.e. HEXONET) may delete the domain at any point within the 45 days.
- Redemption Grace Period: this step lasts 30 days. HEXONET will hold the domain for 30 days, and at this point, you may choose to renew the domain, or let it go onto the next step.
- Pending Deletion: this step lasts 5 days. The domain name, also known as the "pending delete" will be released to the public after the 5 day grace period.
- Backorder: here is where HEXONET's backorder services come into play. As soon as a domain drops, we try to get it for you - and we're very good at this! You would then take over the domain.