A glance at .AT and their progress
NIC.AT Report. The Registry will be publishing this report three times a year to keep registrants and registrars abreast of the latest developments, trends and issues within the .AT universe. Additionally, the reports will have facts and figures of the .at zone, including statistics on new registrations and geographic analysis of .AT's influence around the globe.
The inaugural report showed that .AT, .co.AT and .or.AT are in very high demand. With 932,132 Domains under Management, the Registry is at the doorstep of the magical 1 Million domain milestone. Empirically, HEXONET can validate the growth in demand for .AT Domains, as our own reseller registrations for AT have also been steadily increasing this past year.
Amongst registrants, two thirds of all .AT Domains are registered by Austrian nationals, most of which originate from the beautiful city of Vienna. Outside of Austria though, Germans are the most active among international registrants.
- 71% of all registered domains within the .AT zone are active websites.
- 20% are redirects, meaning these domains are redirected to other websites
- only 9% are utilized for Domain Parking (Pay-Per-Click)
Distribution of .AT Domains within Austria:
HEXONET would like to thank NIC.AT for publishing this excellent report, a must read for anyone in the industry or anyone connected to the Registry. Again thanks to the Registry and specifically to our friends Richard Wein and Robert Schischka for making this report happen. For more details on the latest NIC.AT report along with information on the secondary market, please visit NIC.AT Report.
.AT Special Domain Pricing at HEXONET
Until April 30, 2010, HEXONET is running a .AT special volume pricing promotion where .AT domains can be registered as low as 2.14 (net price: 1.80) EUR per domain/year. The special .AT pricing is based on the volume a reseller does every 24 hours. Simply put, the more .AT domains registered in a given day the lower the price falls that day! Please note that at the end of the each day, discounts levels are reset back to the Daily Start Price of 3.45 (net price: 2.90) EUR per .AT domain.
Pro-rated Volume Pricing
- Domain Volume: 0 - 5 | .AT domains @ 3.45 (net price: 2.90) EUR per domain/year - Daily Start Price
- Domain Volume: 6 - 10 | .AT domains @ 2.86 (net price: 2.40) EUR per domain/year
- Domain Volume: 11 + | .AT domains @ 2.14 (net price: 1.80) EUR per domain/year
Rules and Program Guidelines
- This promotion ends April 30, 2010.
- Promotional prices only apply to new 1 year registrations (.AT domain renewals and/or transfers are excluded).
- The price promotion only applies to .AT. Excluded from this promotion are .CO.AT and .OR.AT Domains.
- Tiered pricing discounts are based on registrations over a 24 hour cycle.
- Pricing resets to the Daily Start Price at the end of each day (00:00 UTC).
- Daily 24 hour volume promotion was modeled using feedback from resellers and domainers to prevent abuse.