promotion. As part of this promotion, HEXONET would like to highlight the benefits of owning a .ASIA domain, as well as, detail the compelling reasons why businesses and consumers alike are purchasing .ASIA.
Explosive Growth of the Internet in Asia:
Asia is witnessing explosive adoption and usage of the Internet. Its two largest economies, China and India already have some 500 MILLION Internet users. According to a report just released by consulting firm McKinsey, Asia’s internet users will total over 1.1 billion by 2015. Furthermore, within five years, this market may generate revenues of more than $80 billion in Internet commerce, access fees, device sales, etc. McKinsey consulting projects that in a mere five years, China’s Internet users will double in size (55 percent of the population) and India's will quintuple. For India, this means that 28 percent of its massive population will be online in a short period of time.
The Asia Pacific region is already an economic powerhouse. Many multinational companies from North America and Europe are successfully tapping into the region. Part of the overall strategy for succeeding in Asia has been developing a solid Internet marketing strategy that appeals to as many people as possible. One way that many of these firms reach the highly diverse Asian marketplace is through the use of the .ASIA domain. Some popular examples include giorgioarmani.asia, honda.asia and panasonic.asia.
.ASIA More than a Domain for Business:
Though multinational companies that have adopted the .ASIA domain, according to Edmon Chung, CEO of DotAsia Organisation (official registry operator of the .ASIA TLD), .ASIA domains are being used by a wide variety of peoples and organizations including:
- Regional companies in Asia
- Localized companies expanding to the greater Asia regional market
- Asia headquarters or subsidiaries of global companies
- NGOs and not-for-profit organizations in Asia, such as APNIC, APTLD, APNG, PAN/IDRC etc.
- Asia-based events, such as Asian Games, Asian Cup, ITU Telecom Asia, CommunicAsia, and many others
- Asia versions of global media or regional Asia media: Asian Wall Street Journal, Asia Computer Weekly, Channel News Asia, TV channels, etc..
- Asia-focused businesses: Air Asia, JetStar Asia, Aero Asia, etc.
Latest News on .ASIA:
- IDNs: Internationalized Domain Names or IDNs will soon become available for .ASIA domains (more). According to the registry Sunrise will start in Q4 of 2010 and Landrush is set for Q2 of 2011. GoLive for .ASIA IDNs is scheduled for Q3 of 2011. According to Edmon Chung, CEO of DotAsia, "Asia is one of the most important regions for IDN. Asia is already the largest Internet marketplace with over 700 million users online. However, that represents only 18.5% penetration. IDN will bring the Internet to the rest of the people in Asia who do not speak English ... Small and Medium sized Enterprises around the world will benefit from IDN deployment. Local SMEs in Asia can leverage their existing brand in their native language to build their online presence with an IDN, while global SMEs can become more Asian-friendly by adopting an Asian IDN as their web address."
- KeepClicking.Asia: DotAsia Organisation has launched KeepClicking.Asia, a social platform and focal point for people to learn about the development of Asia's Internet marketplace and the ".ASIA" domain.
- Ella Koon: Testament to the fact that the Internet in Asia represents a tremendous opportunity for international companies, leading domain registrar GoDaddy has just announced its new GoDaddy Girl to Asia, Ms. Ella Koon. Ms. Koon is a very popular model, actress and singer in Asia. Be sure to check out her personal website: ella.asia
HEXONET .ASIA Backordering Service and Info:
In March of this year, HEXONET launched backordering services for .ASIA domains. HEXONET is one of the first and only services for .ASIA. Many HEXONET customers are having fantastic success in securing dropped .ASIA domains! For more details, click here.
Please remember our fantastic .ASIA promotion. New 1 year .ASIA Domains at 5.83* (net: 4.90) USD per Domain/Year only for the month of October. This is the lowest price for .ASIA Domains HEXONET has ever offered. Don't miss out!
Finally, if you currently don't offer this TLD, we encourage you to consider offering this extension to your customers. We at HEXONET believe the .ASIA TLD has tremendous future growth potential.