HEXONET Launches Expression-of-Interest for newTLDs
Expression of Interest (EOI) for New TLDs Begins
After overwhelming demand, HEXONET will start taking expressions-of-Interest (EOI) for newTLDs (new Top-Level-Domains). HEXONET is using an EOI system instead of take standard pre-registrations since many newTLDs dates and rules are still undetermined.
Expression of Interest System Details:
- Launch Date: Monday September 10th, 2012 at 10:00 UTC
- EOIs are "First-come-first-served" so applying early is recommended.
- Geographic newTLDs Available: .Abudhabi, .Africa, .Amsterdam, .Barcelona, .Bayern, .Berlin, .Boston, .Brussels, .Budapaest, .Capetown, .Cymru, .Dubai, .Gent, .Hamburg, .Helsinki, .Istanbul, .Joburg, .Kyoto, .London, .Madrid, .Melbourne, .Miami, .Moscow, .Nagoya, .Nrw, .Nyc, .Okinawa, .Osaka, .Paris, .Quebec, .Rio, .Roma, .Ruhr, .Scot, .Stockholm, .Sydney, .Taipei, .Tirol, .Tokyo, .Vegas, .Wales, .Wien, .Yokohama, .Zuerich
- Generic newTLDs Available: .Actor, .Android, .Apartments, .APP, .Arab, .Art, .Attorney, .Audio, .Auto, .Baby, .Bar, .Baseball, .Basketball, .Bet, .Blog, .Book, .Broadway, .Buy, .Cars, .Casa, .Casino, .Charity, .Chat, .Christmas, .City, .Cloud, .Club, .Corp, .Coupon, .CPA, .Data, .Deals, .Design, .Diet, .Discount, .Doctor, .Eco, .Family, .Fashion, .Film, .Flowers, .Food, .Football, .Free, .Game, .Gay, .GmbH, .Golf, .Gratis, .Green, .Health, .Help, .Hockey, .Home, .Hotel, .Inc, .Insurance, .Kids, .Latino, .Law, .Lawyer, .Life, .Live, .LLC, .LLP, .Love, .LTD, .Map, .Mail, .Med, .Media, .MLS, .Movie, .Music, .News, .NGO, .Now, .Online, .Play, .Poker, .Property, .Radio, .Realestate, .Rent, .Restaurant, .RIP, .Sale, .School, .Search, .Shop, .Site, .Ski, .Soccer, .Sport, .Store, .Style, .Taxi, .Tech, .Tennis, .Tickets, .Tube, .Video, .VIP, .Web
- Missing newTLDs: If you are interested in a newTLD not listed above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and HEXONET will add these requested newTLDs in subsequent EOI releases. To review the full list of TLDs for which ICANN has received applications for, please visit "newTLD Applications"
EOI - Questions and Answers:
Q. What is an Expression-of-Interest (EOI)?
By submitting an EOI, HEXONET knows to immediately alert and inform you of all pertinent information about the respective newTLD as it becomes available.
Q. What does the Expression-of-Interest cost and is it binding?
EOIs are free of charge and are not binding. You can delete an EOI at any point in time.
Q. What happens after I place an EOI?
If and when the respective newTLD is approved by ICANN and the TLD is placed in the Internet's Root (required for a TLD's domains to resolve on the Internet), HEXONET will notify all EOI applications of this important event. Resellers and customers at this time can choose to convert an EOI into a standard Pre-Registration or to delete the EOI completely. Subsequent notices may include the following:
- General information about the respective newTLD
- Information on marketing and product (such as restrictions)
- Information on launch schedule (such as Sunrise Periods for Trademark and Brand owners, Landrush and/or Go Live)
- Pricing information for the various launch phases (e.g. for Sunrise, Landrush and GoLive)
Q. Can I edit or delete my EOI?
Yes, you can edit or delete your EOI at any point in time.
EOI - Documentation for Resellers:
On September 10th 2012, HEXONET will make the following two documents available:
- Expression-of-Interest/Domain Application Quickstart Guide 1.0
- Expression-of-Interest/Domain Application Reference Manual 1.0
Converting EOIs into Pre-Registrations for Resellers:
Once HEXONET obtains finalized detail about a particular newTLDs, all resellers will be notified about the newTLD. The notice will provide newTLD details as well as information on converting an EOI into a standard Pre-Registration.
- Converting your EOI into a Pre-Registration are not binding.
- Inline with Sunrise, Landrush, and GoLive releases, please remember that Pre-Registration deposits must be secured prior to submission to a registry
- Unsuccessful pre-registrations submissions will automatically result in a refund of the respective deposit.