Special .AT Promotion
.AT, the official country-code Top-Level-Domain of Austria, continues to be in high demand. As of July 29, 2015 the .AT zone had over 1.25 million registered domains. This is an impressive number considering that Austria does not have a huge population base. There is a strong appetite for .AT domains registered with German owners. The .AT suffix is also becoming more popular among the Swiss as well.
Why Register an .AT domain?
- If you run a business that operates in Austria or sells into Austria, an .AT is a must.
- Idioms: There is an increasing use of .AT domains to capitalize on catchy domain names that represent certain English expressions / idioms that feature ‘at’ at the end or include ‘at’ in the expression. For example, Form.at, Bureaucr.at ‘good.at’, ‘targeted.at’, etc. In fact, we came across the following US-based company that operates a free online website builder for restaurants called letseat.at
- Austria does not limit the registration of .AT only to its citizens, but allows .AT domains to be registered by anyone worldwide.
Some basic facts about .AT:
- Anyone worldwide can register an .AT domain, there are no restrictions
- Official registry behind .AT is NIC.AT
- Extensions that are open for registration: .AT, .co.AT & .or.AT
- Min. / Max. length of a .AT Domain: 3 - 63 characters
- IDN Capable: YES
.AT Promo Details:
- Promo Starts: August 1, 2015 10:00 UTC
- Promo Ends: September 30, 2015 10:00 UTC
- Promotional Price: 5.83* (net price: 4.90) EUR per Domain/Year
- Promotion applies to new 1-Year .AT registrations
- Multiyear registrations are possible, however promotional pricing only applies to the first year
- Transfers and renewals are NOT eligible at promotional price
- .co.AT and .or.AT are NOT included in this promotion