Verisign Releases Latest Domain Name Industry Brief
We wanted to provide our readers with some of the key highlights:
- The second quarter closed with a base of more than 215 million domain name registrations across all TLDs (Top-Level Domains)
- Registrations grew by more than 8.6% compared to the second quarter of 2010
- The base of ccTLDs (country-code Top-Level Domains) now stands at 84.6 million domains, an 8.4% increase year over year in the base
- There are more than 250 ccTLD extensions globally, with the top 10 ccTLDs compromising 60% of all registrations.
- .EU dropped one spot to ninth and .CN moved up one notch to eighth.
This report verifies HEXONET's own data on the growth of ccTLDs. All resellers and customers should consider selling ccTLDs or adding even more. With this growth and the breadth of ccTLDs this is only the beginning.