Who, What, Where, When, Why and now HOW; New Domain Name .HOW Prepares for Launch!
Google, the Internet powerhouse, now has a division called Google Registry which is now playing an active role in top-level-domains (TLDs). The registry has already launched .みんな (meaning 'everyone' in Japanese) and .SOY (meaning "I am" in Spanish) and is planning several new TLD releases in the coming months, including .ADS, .BOO, .DAD, .DAY, .EAT, .ESQ, .FLY, .FOO, .HERE, .HOW .ING, .MEME, .MOV, .PROF, .RSVP, and .ZIP.
An interesting new domain extension for Google is .HOW, which is next on the list for the registry. According to Google, more people search for “how” than any of the five “W”s (who, what, where, when, and why) on the Internet. And is reason why .HOW is expected to draw lots of attention and interest as a domain name. Google states that .HOW is "... a place for thinkers, tinkerers, and knowledge-seekers to explore everything from 'how do' to 'how to.'” This is the power of a .HOW domain name as it sends a clear signal to your audience that your content will help them learn, do and grow.
Target Audience - Anyone or business interested in providing instructional or learning-based content on the web:
- Individuals, small and medium-sized businesses focused on teaching (e.g., music teachers, tutors, yoga studios, martial arts studios, etc.)
- Publishers and authors interested in providing instructional information
- Large businesses with an interest in expanding instructional content for their customers
- Businesses interested in short, memorable redirects or URL shorteners for marketing efforts directing customers to instructional content.
- Sunrise: November 10, 2014 - January 10, 2015
- Landrush: January 12 - January 26, 2015
- General Availability: January 28, 2015
HEXONET will be making this TLD available starting November 11, 2014. Stay tuned for futher details here: https://www.hexonet.net/preregistrations